Capture images and video beneath the surface with your Canon PowerShot G7 X digital camera in this Ikelite Underwater Housing, which features a depth rating of 200'. The waterproof enclosure features large, ergonomic mechanical controls that provide access to virtually all camera functions. Expand your system by adding an optional AF35 AutoFlash wireless slave strobe, which replicates TTL exposure. The housing is also equipped with two ports for the connection of fiber-optic cables.
Built for durability, the housing is designed, made by hand, and tested in the USA. It's manufactured from corrosion-resistant polycarbonate, which is clear to allow you to monitor the o-ring seal and maintain a full view of the camera. The integrated flat glass lens port has a 3.0" diameter. It accepts optional, external wide-angle and macro add-on lenses for an increased field of view or extreme close-up shots with better clarity and detail, respectively. You can also add optional color-correction filters to restore colors that get absorbed by the water. The housing includes a diffuser to soften the light of the camera's flash and a deflector to redirect it towards an external strobe.
- Features a depth rating of 200'
- Close the two locking lid snaps and see the o-ring form a watertight seal
CONTROLS AND HANDLING:
- Large, ergonomic mechanical controls, including push-buttons, knurled knobs/dials, and a lever
- Access to rear control dial and virtually all other camera functions
- Only flash switch and mobile device connection button are inaccessible
- Easy-to-reach gear activates camera's versatile front control ring
- Sensitive shutter lever makes it easy to half-depress the trigger for focusing and metering
- All rear controls are clearly marked with engravings
- Optional tray with 1 or 2 quick-release handles provides improved balance underwater, while also offering attachment points for optional lighting arms
- Designed, made by hand, and tested in the USA
- Made from corrosion-resistant polycarbonate, which is clear to allow you to monitor the o-ring seal and maintain a full view of the camera
- Stainless steel locking lid snaps are double-passivated to prevent corrosion and rust
- Built-in flat glass lens port has a 3.0" diameter
- Compatible with optional, external wide-angle and macro add-on lenses with 67mm threads for an increased field of view or extreme close-up shots with better clarity and detail, respectively.
- Both types of lenses will enable you to get closer to your subjects, cutting down on the amount of water between you and them to reduce distortion
- Ikelite W30 and INON UWL-H100 Wide Angle Lenses are recommended, as they provide a lot of edge sharpness with minimal vignetting
- Add optional color-correction filters to restore colors that get absorbed by the water.
- Expand your system by adding an optional AF35 AutoFlash wireless slave strobe, which replicates TTL exposure
- AF35 features a flex arm and mounts onto the grip handle of an optional tray
- Two ports enable the connection of fiber-optic cables from Ikelite, Sea & Sea, and Olympus
- Housing includes a diffuser to soften the light of the camera's flash and a deflector to redirect it towards an external strobe.
- Since a built-in flash is generally only effective within very short distance from subject, the use of a more powerful external strobe is highly recommended. Will provide greater illumination, color accuracy, and vibrancy, and will virtually eliminate backscatter, glare, and hard shadows
ADDITIONAL RECOMMENDED OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES:
- Vega Video + Photo Light outputs 2200 lumens in a diffused 65° beam, which has a color temperature of 5700K. Runs for 45-180 min
- Gamma Waterproof Flashlight outputs 220 lumens in concentrated 10° beam with daylight-balanced 6500K color temperature. Offers run time of over 10 hr
- Quick Release Kit for GoPro includes everything you need to attach your GoPro action cam to an Ikelite Quick Release Handle