Capture photos and video as far as 200' beneath the surface with your Canon PowerShot SX720 HS digital camera, thanks to this Ikelite Underwater Housing. The large, ergonomic mechanical controls, including a side-mounted shutter lever, provide access to virtually all camera functions. Two 1/4"-20 mounts on the bottom enable connection to an optional tray.
The body of the housing is made of a light gray, corrosion-resistant ABS plastic and polycarbonate blend, which reflects sunlight to keep your camera cooler when shooting at or above the water's surface. Dual fiber-optic cable ports allow for the connection of optional external strobes.
An integrated, flat glass lens port with a 3.9" diameter accepts optional, external wide-angle and macro add-on lenses to enhance your view. You can also add optional color-correction filters to restore hues that get absorbed by the water.
- Features a depth rating of 200'
- Two double-passivated stainless steel locking lid snaps are easy to use and virtually unbreakable
- See O-ring form a solid watertight seal as you close housing
- Rear seal design prevents accidental twisting or stretching of O-ring, and eliminates need for groove or channel that can trap dirt, sand, or debris
CONTROLS AND HANDLING:
- Large, ergonomic mechanical controls, including push-buttons, knurled knobs/dials, and levers, enable smooth operation
- Access provided to virtually all camera functions
- Controls placed in similar configuration as they are on camera, allowing for seamless transition based on familiarity and muscle memory that have already been developed
- Rear controls marked with easily visible, laser-engraved symbols, which won't peel off or fade in time
- Two standard 1/4"-20 mounts on bottom make it possible to add optional tray with grip handles, which can support lighting arms for strobes or video lights
- Compact, lightweight enclosure designed, made by hand, and tested in the USA
- Manufactured from durable, corrosion-resistant, light gray ABS/polycarbonate blend
- Reflects sunlight to keep your camera cooler when shooting at or above water's surface
- Provides greater contrast than clear housings, giving you better view of camera, screen, and O-ring seal
- Front-loading camera installation makes for quick and easy setup
- Camera-mounting plate allows easy access to battery and memory card
- Integrated, flat glass lens port with 3.9" diameter
- Allows for limited lens zoom range of 24-628mm (35mm equivalent), rather than the full 24-960mm, in order to provide best possible image quality underwater
- Accepts optional, external, 0.75x WD-4 Wide Angle Dome or 67mm threaded macro conversion lenses, in order to provide increased field of view or better clarity and detail in close-ups, respectively
- Macro lenses available from Epoque, INON, Subsee, Nauticam, and others, and can be attached using optional press-fit Macro Adapter
- Both wide-angle and macro lenses will enable you to get closer to your subjects, cutting down on the amount of water between you and them to reduce distortion
- Use of WD-4 results in no edge distortion or vignetting
- Add optional, 3.9" color-correction filters to restore colors that get absorbed by tropical blue and green water
- #6441.46 available for blue water and #6441.86 available for green
- Color filters most effective in sunny conditions at maximum depths of about 80'
EXTERNAL STROBE CONNECTION:
- Due to absorption of light underwater, even at fairly shallow depths, colors begin to change into muted shades of blue, gray, or green--necessitating use of color-correcting filters or external light sources
- External lights should not be used in conjunction with color filters, as combination can throw off color accuracy
- Camera's flash cannot be used to illuminate subject underwater, but can trigger optional external strobes via fiber-optic cables connected to one or both of housing's ports
- External strobes are much brighter than built-in flash units, and are much better at correcting color, but it's still recommended that you stay no more than a few feet away from subjects for best results